1) Virginia Tech vs. Boise State (September 6th) For the past few season Boise State has looked like a serious BCS Bowl Bid Contender. The Broncos return 18 starters and should be poised to make another undefeated run this year. They never get enough respect, but if they beat Virginia Tech it’ll be the talk of the entire season. My Pick: Boise State over VT
2) Miami at Ohio State (September 11th) Ever since OSU beat Mimi with that questionable call back in ’02 I’ve been waiting for a rematch. This game is a HUGE momentum builder for whoever wins but I believe a win is more important for the ‘Canes, who are still in search of their SWAGGER again. This game will be fun. I pick Miami in a close one.
3) Florida State at Oklahoma (September 11th) This game is on my schedule because 2010is when the “rebirth” of FSU happens. It’ll be a treat to watch these two high-powered offenses go back and forth, however I just don’t think FSU will have enough in the tank to pull off the upset. Oklahoma over Florida State.
4) Michigan at Notre Dame (September 11th) These teams are in similar spots right now. Both are undergoing a transformation and an early win against one of your biggest rivals sure would build momentum. The Wolverines won a close one in ’09 and I think this matchup will be tight again this year. The Big Blue over the Irish.
5) Nebraska at Washington (September 18th) This game is on my list because there’s a lot of talk about Washington’s Jake Locker. The kid’s got a real strong arm and some believe he’s a number 1 pick in next year’s NFL draft. Washington went 5-7 last season but they return most of their starters. I have high expectations for the Cornhuskers this year but I think they slip up on this road trip. Washington over Nebraska.