1) Iowa State at Iowa (September 11th) I’m excited for this game because when these two play, it’s usually a pretty close game (with the exception of last year). Iowa is trying top last season’s 11-2 record while Iowa State is looking to go to another bowl. I think both teams exceeded a lot of people’s expectations in ‘09. Hopefully this game is a treat to watch. I pick Iowa over Iowa State.
2) Nebraska at Washington (September 18th) This game is on my list because there’s a lot of talk about Washington’s Jake Locker. The kid’s got a real strong arm and some believe he’s a number 1 pick in next year’s NFL draft. Washington went 5-7 last season but they return most of their starters. I have high expectations for the Cornhuskers this year but I think they slip up on this road trip. Washington over Nebraska.
3) Texas vs. Oklahoma (October 2nd) It doesn’t get any better than The Red River Rivalry. Last year Texas narrowly pulled out a 3-point victory. Even though Texas has won this matchup the last four out of five years I think it’s Oklahoma’s time to celebrate.
4) Texas A&M vs. Arkansas (October 9th) I’m excited to see these two offenses duel it out. Ex-Wolverine turned Razorback Ryan Mallett was a freak last year at Arkansas. During the regular season last year the Razorbacks were averaging 37 points a game. And while Texas A&M only loses two starters on defense I just don’t think the Aggies will be able to stop that Razorback offense.
5) Nebraska vs. Texas (October 16th) I was watching this game last year and thought Nebraska was actually going to pull off the upset. Bo Pelini ran out onto the field thinking the same thing; but when the officials said Colt McCoy’s pass (prior to the game winning field goal) went out of bounds with :01 second left we both knew it wasn’t meant to be. This year the Longhorns travel to Nebraska in the Cornhuskers’ home opener. I wish I were going to this game, it’s going to be ROWDY out there in Lincoln. Nebraksa beats Texas in a fun rematch.